Anthony Casareale has closed transactions for real estate owners, developers, private equity firms and investment banks in Florida, New York and throughout the United States.
Mr. Casareale has extensive experience representing owners in a broad range of leasing and asset management, telecommunication, and public and private easement matters in Florida and nationally. He has consummated office, retail and industrial leases affecting over 8 million square feet of space. He has advised clients on leases ranging from 1,000 square feet to over 200,000 square feet, some involving Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Casareale routinely handles telecommunications agreements involving cell towers, rooftop licenses, Distribution Antenna Systems (DAS), internet and cable distribution and marketing with the major carriers.
Mr. Casareale was a Partner with Pircher Nichols & Meeks and Windels Marx in New York and Akerman in Miami.
Mr. Casareale is a graduate of Fordham University, summa cum laude, and New York University School of Law.
Professional and Community Involvement:
- Adjunct Professor, University of Miami School of Law (Fall, 2010)
- Advisory Board Member, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Panelist, Practicing Law Institute (PLI), “Commercial Real Estate Leasing” and “Commercial Real Estate Workout and Restructuring
- Editorial Board Member and Contributing Author, Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy
- Roundtable Moderator, ICSC Law Conference
- Panelist, ULI Program
- Moderator and Panelist, IMN’s “Distressed Real Estate Symposium”
- Member, New York City Bar Association Committee that published the joint NYS and NYC Bar Association Office Lease Form.
Telecommunications Real Estate
- Representation of owner in roof licensing agreements with NBC for television satellites in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of owners in roof licensing agreements with tenants such as Viacom and News Corp.
- Representation of multi-family owners in distribution and marketing agreements with major national carriers for internet, cable TV, and other services.
- Representation of owners in Distribution Antenna System (DAS) agreements.
- Representation of landlord leasing a portfolio of industrial properties in various Western states.
- Representation of landlord in headquarters leases for News Corporation and The CIT Group in Manhattan, General Atlantic Partners in Connecticut and for Level 3 in Boston.
- Representation of landlord in relocation/takeover agreements with Fortune 500 companies affecting over 500,000 square feet of space.
- Representation of landlord in leases with several major law firms.
- Representation of landlord and tenants in retail transactions including with B.R. Guest, The Gap, Morgan Stanley/Dean Witter, Charles Schwab and Starbucks.
Some Leasing Publications:
- “Lease Takeover Structures,” Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, March 2012.
- “Executing Leases Faster and Cheaper-Revisiting the Strategies,” Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, April 2011.
- “Getting a Lease Signed in 20 Days,” Commercial Leasing Law & Strategy, September 2011.